You can subscribe to our email list – we send one newsletter per month and we never share our list.
Mike Chmielewski streamed the Assembly meeting in its entirety.
The translator at Lazy Mountain is back up. We are not at full broadcast again: from Lazy Mountain, Sutton, and over the Internet.
We have experienced a loss of signal Friday from Lazy Mountain due to a malfunction in one of the site’s devices.
We expect the repair to be completed by Saturday afternoon.
In the meantime both the Sutton Site and and our internet based stream continue to be available for your listening pleasure.
Kevin and Sam interview Dr. Amy Chadwick. The topic: Endobiogeny.
Enjoy the recording:
Mike is out of town this week, enjoying Florida sunshine and Thanksgiving with Lee’s mom. Here are the schedule modifications for this week:
The office will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29, for Thanksgiving.
Valley Edition,Citizen Lobbyist, and Teen Talk are taking a Thanksgiving vacation. They will be back next week.
The last Alaska Style show is this week: Monday at 5 pm and Tue at 8:30 am. Thank you Teresa Roys and Robert Forto for a great show!
Terry Snyder and David Cheezem streamed the regular school board meeting.
We apologize for the slight audio distortion at the beginning of the meeting due to an initial technical problem.
Enjoy the recording.
Paul Morley and Douglass Bourne share their Thanksgiving ideas on their second Let’s Eat show, Thursday November 21 at 7:30 pm.
Here ares some of their recipe links from Paul and Douglass
Spiced Sweet Potato Tort
Found on the bon appetit website, but it is no longer visible.
You’ll need a 9-inch spring-form pan for this one.
- 4 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes OR 3 ¼ pounds of yams
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sour cream, divided
- 3 cups shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling, salted water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well and cool. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix spices and salt in small bowl.
- Completely line the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan with sweet potatoes slices, filling in the spaces with cut up slices. Press down lightly.
- Spread ½ cup sour cream over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon spice mixture over the sour cream. Sprinkle 1 cup grated cheese over that.
- Repeat the potato, sour cream, spice and cheese layers two more times.
- Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and potatoes heated through, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and release lever on spring-form pan. This allows you to remove the sides of the pan leaving your lovely free-standing creation on the flat pan base.